Scouts and Families
It is time to kickoff our annual popcorn sale. This fundraiser is our primary fundraising activity each year and pays for the vast majority of our activities. Not only is this the best way to support our pack, it is also a great way to earn some cool prizes.
Our pack will offer some addition prizes as well
- Pizza party for the den that sells the most popcorn on average
- The top overall scout seller will have their 2017 summer camp scout registration paid for.
- ~$125 value
- Parent registration is required and not included
- Sales will start on Friday 9/23 at 5pm
- You can check out Popcorn / turn in orders on the following dates and times at 575 Summerfield Drive. Please text if you plan to come @ 6123846384
- 9/23 5:30-6pm
- 10/7 5:30-6pm
- 10/14 5:30-6pm
- 10/21 5:30-6pm – Check unsold popcorn back in
- Orders are due at the latest on 10/28 Pack Meeting / Halloween party
- Initial delivery of Popcorn by 11/6, final delivery of items to Den leaders by 11/20
- Our goal is for each scout to sell $300 worth of popcorn product. Our pack keeps 35-50% of the revenue and this $$ is used to fund the pack activities (badges, blue and gold, pinewood derby, Spring campout, den supplies, etc)
- If a scout does not sell $300 of popcorn, a check for $100 can be provided instead.
There are a couple ways to sell popcorn
- American Legion Show and Sell
Sign up to sell at the American Legion on one of two weekends. Scouts will receive a share of all sales made across both weekends towards their goal of $300. We will have 2 scouts per slot, we require an adult stay with their scout to help them develop their popcorn selling pitch and money skills. Scouts must wear their uniform, no siblings, no athletic clothing and no electronics.
Sign up website (please choose one to start)
- Friday October 7th 5-8pm
- Saturday October 8th 8am-12pm
- Sunday October 9th 8am– 12pm
- Friday October 14th 5-8pm
- Saturday October 15th 8am-12pm
- Sunday October 16th 8am- 12pm
2) Sell to Friends and Family
Many scouts have had success going door to door in their neighborhood, selling to family and neighbors. Scouts should wear their scout uniform and be accompanied by a guardian when selling.
- Scouts should collect $$ when order is placed
- Scouts should keep a record of who and what they sold to each neighbor/family. The scout will be responsible for delivery to those who ordered.
Order Form – A hard copy was provided at 9/22 Annual All Pack Planning Meeting. You can also download from the link or pick one up at one of the checkout days.
3) Online Sales
You can register to sell online, this is great for selling to out of town friends and family. Additionally, the pack receives 50% of revenue vs 35% for other sales.
Here is how to get started
- Go to https://www.trails-end.com and register/create your account
- Select Zip code 55317 / 303 as your Unit, Select Pack 303
- Setup your profile for your page.
- Use the tools to post to your parent’s social media account or send emails with link.
- Check back to see your online sales
Contact: Kristen Edds
Fall Family Picnic & Park Clean Up
Who: Cub Scouts and interested Family Members
What: Family Picnic and Park Clean Up
When: Saturday, October 8th , 2016 | 3:30-6:30pm
Where: Lake Ann Park at the Hilltop Shelter
Why: Community Service Project Plus Food, Fun & Fellowship!
Wear: Scouting Uniform or T-shirt
- The park cleanup will run from 3:30 – 4:30pm throughout the park with each den assigned to an area of the park. The Pack will provide garbage bags and gloves.
- The family picnic will run from 5:00 – 5:30pm. The Pack will provide grill supplies, hot dogs, lemonade, water, eating utensils & hand sanitizer.
- Families are asked to please bring a dish (or two) to share.
- Large group game and/or rocket launching* at 5:30pm.
* Rocket launching dependent on weather & wind conditions. Too much wind will result in lost rockets!
Sunday, Oct 9, 2016 | 2:00-3:00pm | Shakopee Archery Range
Scouts will have the opportunity to safely shoot bow and arrows with a BSA trained range officer.
- The pack will provide the bows and arrows.
- Due to Pack insurance liability limitations, siblings may not use the equipment.
- Freakish weather could lead to the cancellation of this event.
- Scouts should wear their uniform or a scouting T-shirt (class B) to this event.
- City of Shakopee Archery Range, 551 County Road 101 N., Shakopee, MN 55379
- Contact: Mike Timm
Thursday, October 13, 2016 | 7:00-8:00 pm | Chanhassen Elementary
New Scouts to work on their Bobcat Badge!
- Only new Cub Scouts (have not yet earned Bobcat) and their adult leaders (parents) need to attend.
- New Cub Scouts will complete their Bobcat award/rank.
- This is a full uniform event (including neckerchief).
- Contacts: Mark Felton, Brian Edds
October 28th, 2016 | 7:00-8:30 p.m. | Chanhassen Recreation Center
Games, Treats & Costume Contest!
- Halloween costumes are the suggested attire for the evening (youth and adults!).
- All family members are welcome.
- Will have games for the younger crowd to play.
- Treats and costume contest are likely.
- Please bring your popcorn orders and hand them in to Brian or Kristy Edds. All orders are due Friday Night. If not attending the party, please make arrangements to deliver order sheet prior to the 28th.
- If you are able to help with setup or take down or wish to help organize, please contact Mark Felton at email@example.com.
- All Cub Scouts and Adult Leaders & families should attend.
- Contact: Mark Felton, Brian Edds
Selected events held by the Northern Star Council or Lake Minnetonka District are highlighted on the Pack 303 website from time to time. These are not Pack 303 events, but rather optional opportunties to enhance your scouting training and experience by participating in the larger area scouting community.
The Northern Star Council’s University of Scouting is one of the LARGEST One Day Supplemental Training Programs available anywhere. It will take place on Saturday, October 29, 2016 from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at Osseo High School. The University of Scouting is a fun-filled, hands-on opportunity to network with other Scouters, and is truly a learning adventure. This one-day supplemental training event is designed for all Cub Scout and Boy Scout leaders regardless of experience.
Choose from over 120 courses with an emphasis on programs, skills, and resources to deliver high quality opportunities to Scouting youth. New Leader and Position Specific training will also be offered. In addition, a vendor midway will be available offering exciting program resources, materials, and ideas.
Univ Scouting Fall 2016 Flyer w Times & Cost
Registration Link (scoutingevent.com)
- Oct 20 | Thursday 7pm | Monthly Leader Planning Meeting | Chanhassen American Legion
- Nov 10 | Thursday 7pm | Monthly Leader Planning Meeting | Chanhassen American Legion
- Nov 11 | Friday 8:40am | Veterans Day Flag Raising | Chan Elementary
- Nov 17 | Thursday 7pm | Fall Campfire | Lake Minnewashta Shelter #4
- Dec 2 | Friday 6:30pm | Movie Night | Chan Elementary
- Dec 3 | Saturday 11am-5pm | Bell Ringing | Byerly’s Chanhassen
- Dec 8 | Thursday 7pm | Monthly Leader Planning Meeting | Chanhassen American Legion
- Dec 17 | Saturday 4:30-7pm | Caroling & Hayride | Summerwood & Eden Prairie