The final popcorn check in this Friday at 5:30pm at 575 Summerfield Drive. If you have checked out popcorn you need to return your inventory and $$ for popcorn sold this Friday. If you have existing orders with money, you can pickup orders at this time as inventory allows.
We had excellent sales over the two weekends at the Legion, selling over $3,400 of popcorn. Thanks for all the support. Scouts who volunteered will get credit of $85/hour. So if they sold for 1 hour they will get $85, 2 hours will get $170 towards their popcorn sales goal.
Final Popcorn Orders and money are due next Friday October 28th at the Halloween party.
Scouts and Families
It is time to kickoff our annual popcorn sale. This fundraiser is our primary fundraising activity each year and pays for the vast majority of our activities. Not only is this the best way to support our pack, it is also a great way to earn some cool prizes.
Our pack will offer some addition prizes as well
- Pizza party for the den that sells the most popcorn on average
- The top overall scout seller will have their 2017 summer camp scout registration paid for.
- ~$125 value
- Parent registration is required and not included
- Sales will start on Friday 9/23 at 5pm
- You can check out Popcorn / turn in orders on the following dates and times at 575 Summerfield Drive. Please text if you plan to come @ 6123846384
- 9/23 5:30-6pm
- 10/7 5:30-6pm
- 10/14 5:30-6pm
- 10/21 5:30-6pm – Check unsold popcorn back in
- Orders are due at the latest on 10/28 Pack Meeting / Halloween party
- Initial delivery of Popcorn by 11/6, final delivery of items to Den leaders by 11/20
- Our goal is for each scout to sell $300 worth of popcorn product. Our pack keeps 35-50% of the revenue and this $$ is used to fund the pack activities (badges, blue and gold, pinewood derby, Spring campout, den supplies, etc)
- If a scout does not sell $300 of popcorn, a check for $100 can be provided instead.
There are a couple ways to sell popcorn
- American Legion Show and Sell
Sign up to sell at the American Legion on one of two weekends. Scouts will receive a share of all sales made across both weekends towards their goal of $300. We will have 2 scouts per slot, we require an adult stay with their scout to help them develop their popcorn selling pitch and money skills. Scouts must wear their uniform, no siblings, no athletic clothing and no electronics.
Sign up website (please choose one to start)
- Friday October 7th 5-8pm
- Saturday October 8th 8am-12pm
- Sunday October 9th 8am– 12pm
- Friday October 14th 5-8pm
- Saturday October 15th 8am-12pm
- Sunday October 16th 8am- 12pm
2) Sell to Friends and Family
Many scouts have had success going door to door in their neighborhood, selling to family and neighbors. Scouts should wear their scout uniform and be accompanied by a guardian when selling.
- Scouts should collect $$ when order is placed
- Scouts should keep a record of who and what they sold to each neighbor/family. The scout will be responsible for delivery to those who ordered.
Order Form – A hard copy was provided at 9/22 Annual All Pack Planning Meeting. You can also download from the link or pick one up at one of the checkout days.
3) Online Sales
You can register to sell online, this is great for selling to out of town friends and family. Additionally, the pack receives 50% of revenue vs 35% for other sales.
Here is how to get started
- Go to https://www.trails-end.com and register/create your account
- Select Zip code 55317 / 303 as your Unit, Select Pack 303
- Setup your profile for your page.
- Use the tools to post to your parent’s social media account or send emails with link.
- Check back to see your online sales
Contact: Kristen Edds
October 28th, 2016 | 7:00-8:30 p.m. | Chanhassen Recreation Center
Games, Treats & Costume Contest!
- Halloween costumes are the suggested attire for the evening (youth and adults!).
- All family members are welcome.
- Will have games for the younger crowd to play.
- Treats and costume contest are likely.
- Please bring your popcorn orders and hand them in to Brian or Kristy Edds. All orders are due Friday Night. If not attending the party, please make arrangements to deliver order sheet prior to the 28th.
- If you are able to help with setup or take down or wish to help organize, please contact Janet Boie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Cub Scouts and Adult Leaders & families should attend.
- Contacts: Janet Boie, Mark Felton, Brian Edds
Selected events held by the Northern Star Council or Lake Minnetonka District are highlighted on the Pack 303 website from time to time. These are not Pack 303 events, but rather optional opportunties to enhance your scouting training and experience by participating in the larger area scouting community.
The Northern Star Council’s University of Scouting is one of the LARGEST One Day Supplemental Training Programs available anywhere. It will take place on Saturday, October 29, 2016 from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at Osseo High School. The University of Scouting is a fun-filled, hands-on opportunity to network with other Scouters, and is truly a learning adventure. This one-day supplemental training event is designed for all Cub Scout and Boy Scout leaders regardless of experience.
Choose from over 120 courses with an emphasis on programs, skills, and resources to deliver high quality opportunities to Scouting youth. New Leader and Position Specific training will also be offered. In addition, a vendor midway will be available offering exciting program resources, materials, and ideas.
Univ Scouting Fall 2016 Flyer w Times & Cost
Registration Link (scoutingevent.com)
Friday, November 11th, 2016 – Start of School Day, Chanhassen Elementary (around 8:40 am)
Flag Raising Ceremony
- Scouts should wear their uniform to school.
- Please remind your Scout to go to the front door after checking in with their class. We’ll also ask the school to do a quick announcement over the PA system just after school starts.
- If we have a few adults that would like to help with the ceremony and remind the Scouts as they enter the school, that would be very helpful.
- Scouts may remove their uniform shirts after the flag raising and prior to returning to class.
- This is a uniform shirt event (excluding neckerchief).
- All Cub Scouts should attend (parents and leaders welcome).
- Contacts: Mark Felton, Brian Edds
Thursday, November 17th, 2016 | 7:00-8pm
Lake Minnewashta Regional Park- Picnic Shelter #4
Please note location, can be a bit tricky to find in the dark! Significant snow could change our plans.
Outdoor Pack Meeting
- Large group game
- Please bring a flashlight!
- Pack popcorn sale recognition
- Please dress for the weather, we will be outdoors. There is a rain shelter.
- All Cub Scouts and adult leaders should attend.
- Contacts: Mark Felton, Brian Edds
Friday, December 2, 2016 | 6:30pm | Chanhassen Elementary
Movie Night for the Scouts and Families
- Cub appropriate movies will be projected on a big screen and a relaxing time will be had by all.
- Two movie choices will be shown. The suggestion box is open until a few days prior!
- You are welcome to bring a blanket/pillow to make the floor a bit more comfortable
- No uniform required.
- All Cub Scouts and Adult Leaders should attend (siblings welcome!!).
- Contacts: Brian Boie, Mark Felton
Saturday, December 3rd, 2016 | 9am-11am, 3pm-6pm | Lunds & Byerlys of Chanhassen
Bell Ringing for the Salvation Army
- Bell ringing will be at Lunds & Byerlys of Chanhassen main entrance this year.
- Each rank will have a one hour shift. There are 5 shifts total, one for each rank.
- Split shifts this year: 2 hours in the morning (9-11am) & 3 hours in the late afternoon (3-6pm)
- Please bring your own bell(s) if you can, it’s nice to have one for each scout and we typically do not have enough to go around. We should have some extras available also.
- This is a full dress uniform event including neckerchief. Be sure to dress warm since this is outdoors.
- Below are the proposed time slots for each Den. Please contact Casey with questions.
- All Cub Scouts and Adult Leaders should attend.
- Contact: Casey Jackson
Saturday, December 10th, 2016 4:30-7:00pm
4:30pm | Caroling at Summerwood of Chanhassen
6:00pm | Hayride at 17620 Kilmer Ave. Eden Prairie
- Plan to meet at Summerwood at 4:30pm (Northeast 525 building, center door next to parking lot inside square).
- The Pack will sing Christmas carols to the elderly residents at Summerwood.
- We will meet at 6pm at 17620 Kilmer Ave. in Eden Prairie for the bonfire and hayride. Will have some directions at Summerwood if needed.
- The Kilmer Av address is a private home with on street parking.
- The hayride is tractor pulled wagon tour (roughly 30 minutes or so) of neighborhood Christmas lights and park trails. Very cool!
- The Summerwood location is is a full dress uniform event including neckerchief. For the hayride & bonfire please dress for the outdoors.
- All Cub Scouts and Adult Leaders should attend (siblings are welcome to join).
- Contacts: Mark Felton, Brian Edds
- Oct 20 | Thursday 7pm | Monthly Leader/Parent Planning Meeting | Chanhassen American Legion
- Nov 10 | Thursday 7pm | Monthly Leader/Parent Planning Meeting | Chanhassen American Legion
- Dec 8 | Thursday 7pm | Monthly Leader/Parent Planning Meeting | Chanhassen American Legion