Friday, December 2, 2016 | 6:30pm | Chanhassen Elementary
Movie Night for the Scouts and Families
- Cub appropriate movies will be projected on a big screen and a relaxing time will be had by all.
- Two movie choices will be shown. The suggestion box is open until a few days prior!
- Currently we are planning to show Star Wars: The Force Awakens in the cafeteria and something more geared for younger children in the gym.
- You are welcome to bring a blanket/pillow to make the floor a bit more comfortable
- We will attempt to be done by around 9pm
- No uniform required!
- All Cub Scouts and Adult Leaders should attend (siblings welcome!!).
- Contacts: Brian Boie, Mark Felton
Bell Ringing for the Salvation Army!
Saturday, December 3rd, 2016 | 9am-11am, 3pm-6pm | Lunds & Byerlys of Chanhassen
- Bell ringing will be at Lunds & Byerlys of Chanhassen main entrance this year.
- Each rank will have a one hour shift. There are 5 shifts total, one for each rank.
- Split shifts this year: 2 hours in the morning (9-11am) & 3 hours in the late afternoon (3-6pm)
- Please bring your own bell(s) if you can, it’s nice to have one for each scout and we typically do not have enough to go around. We should have some extras available also.
- This is a full dress uniform event including neckerchief. Be sure to dress warm since this is outdoors.
- Below are the proposed time slots for each Den. Please contact Casey with questions.
- All Cub Scouts and Adult Leaders should attend.
- Contacts: Casey Jackson, Mark Felton
Saturday, December 10th, 2016 4:30-7:00pm
4:30pm | Caroling at Summerwood of Chanhassen
6:00pm | Hayride at 17620 Kilmer Ave. Eden Prairie
- Plan to meet at Summerwood at 4:30pm (Northeast 525 building, center door next to parking lot inside square).
- The Pack will sing Christmas carols to the elderly residents at Summerwood.
- We will meet at 6pm at 17620 Kilmer Ave. in Eden Prairie for the bonfire and hayride. Will have some directions at Summerwood if needed.
- The Kilmer Av address is a private home with on street parking.
- The hayride is tractor pulled wagon tour (roughly 30 minutes or so) of neighborhood Christmas lights and park trails. Very cool!
- The Summerwood location is is a full dress uniform event including neckerchief. For the hayride & bonfire please dress for the outdoors.
- All Cub Scouts and Adult Leaders should attend (siblings are welcome to join).
- Contacts: Mark Felton, Brian Edds
Event: January Pack Meeting- Indoor Rock Climbing & Archery
When: Sunday January 15, 2017 2:00-4:30 p.m.
Where: BSA BaseCamp at Fort Snelling
- Indoor Rock Climbing- Staff will belay participants. Harnesses and helmets are provided. Climbing wall modeled after St. Croix River bluffs near Taylors Falls.
- All Cub Scouts and adult leaders should attend. Siblings welcome, access to activities may be limited.
- Scouts should wear their uniform or a scouting T-shirt
- Please print, read, sign and bring waiver form for the participating scouts.
- Contacts: Mark Felton, Brian Boie
Location: Base Camp is conveniently located off of Highway 55 and Bloomington Road in Fort Snelling, Minnesota, 1/3 of a mile from the Fort Snelling Light Rail station.
Download a map with driving directions.
201 Bloomington Road
Fort Snelling, Minnesota
Pack 303 Pinewood Derby Race at Holy Family High School in Victoria
Saturday, January 28th, 2017 | 8:15-11:30am
- Lake Minnetonka District Rules we follow should be posted at the following link>> PinewoodDerbyRules2016
- Cars are allowed to use graphite or oil-based lubricants.
- If you use graphite please note the application of extra graphite is not allowed the school building. Please apply any graphite prior to coming to the school.
- Oil-based lubricants include products such as Krytox 100 and Nyoil. Please use only a very small amount, application tips can be found online.
- Race Schedule
- 8:15-8:25 am AOL (Web 2) check in
- 8:30-9:00 am AOL (Web 2) Race
- 8:45-8:55 am Webelos I check in
- 9:00-9:30 am Webelos I Race
- 9:15-9:25 am Bear check in
- 9:30-10:00 am Bear Race
- 9:45-9:55 am Wolf check in
- 10:00-10:30 am Wolf Race
- 10:15-10:25 am Tiger check in
- 10:30-11:00 am Tiger Race
- 11:00-11:30 am Pack Championship Race
- Awards will be presented following each race. Please go to the awards table following the end of your race.
- The scale at the check-in table will be the official scale. When the car is ready, the Scout can bring it to the official table for check in and decide by the weight whether it is ready. Once the car has been checked in, it will no longer be available to the racer for adjustments.
- There should be a practice track setup by Pack 330 at Holy Family High School on Saturday, January 21st from 10:00 am until 1:00 pm for any Scout wishing to test his car. There should be a scale and tools to help prepare the cars.
- If you would like assistance building a car (tools, tips, etc) a pack leader can help.
- Contact: Mark Felton, Brian Edds